18 August 2008

tired

It was a busy weekend but tiring. We went to Hobart Saturday morning after taking advantage of the Waverley Woollen Mill sale, where I picked up some more blanket ends for making into coats and such, and also 5 metres of black light weight pure wool. It seems Ant and I both would like a pair of winter weight pants, so this will be more than enough - yay. Waverley usually have one sale each year in May which I missed, luckily Ant noticed an ad in the paper on Friday so I got my fix after all.

Hobart was good and cold as usual, with an excellent dumping of snow on the mountain. We travel through Hobart so many times on our way to Bruny Island, it was nice to be able to stop and check out the shops for a change. I've been wanting to visit Love & Clutter for ages, Tara has been selling her pincushions there for a while and I've heard lots of lovely things about it. There were a lot of handmade clothes by L J Struthers which I could've gone bankrupt for, beautiful simple pieces with sublime fabrics. Yep, I'm running out of adjectives again .......

We were invited to a 60th birthday party on Saturday night, hence a bit of dawdling in downtown Hobart. Sunday saw us make a brief visit to Bruny for a spot of oyster work before embarking on the 3 hour trip home. Thankfully Ant's parents invited us to tea (dinner/supper) so that was one less thing to think about.

Anyways, the ever inspiring, ever creative Lara has tagged me - which is so very kind of her!

Here's da rules -

1. Link to the person who “tagged” you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.

So, um.....

1. I have to hold Lucy's lead in my right hand so she walks on my right side. Even though I'm right handed I prefer to have my left hand free.

2. I've been hit by 3 different cars on 3 different occasions and never seriously injured. First time in primary school on my bike riding home, second time in high school on my bike riding home and third time on foot crossing the street on my way home from work. Does this mean anything? At least it hasn't stopped me from riding a bike.

3. My 'OCD' contribution: when I'm hanging out the washing I have to use matching coloured clothes pegs that also have to match the colour of the clothes or be a nice contrast, ie: the pegs can't clash with the clothes.

4. I have 2 sets of parents (many of you know this already), adopted parents and natural parents whom I was reunited with when I was 21 years old. I'll elaborate on this one someday soon.

5. One of my earliest memories is of chasing my older brothers who were chasing the bread man who delivered our bread with his horse and cart (in suburbia too) on their way to school. My brothers shooed me away and told me to go home. I must have been about 2 years old, that's only 37 years ago.

6. I hate sleeping bags, they make me feel claustrophobic. Maybe I got tangled up in one when I was a kid, I hate the thought of not being able to move!

So there you go. I'll probably wake up at 3am tomorrow morning with a real corker of a random thing but that's okay. I now tag Alice, Ann, Shannon, Mum, Cathy and Marlene, who all have lovely little blogs.

3 comments:

  1. Great post as always. I love the pic of your *babies* enjoying the sun.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm excited at the prospect of making the treadle work again.

    I'm new to this blogging thing and have never tagged before. Besides which the only people I know are already on your list.

    Now what do I do?

    Cheers
    Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sleeping bag thing I totally relate to...the peg thing totally freaks me out....that is extremely scary!!! OCD for sure!!! Cathyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Run over 3 times!!! I'm thinking you have run outta luck on that score, learn to dodge in future! LOL....

    ReplyDelete

Hello!