So here's the coat I made last year from Waverly blanket ends. It's fully lined with brown bemsilk as well. It was my first attempt with a Burda pattern. They're a bit different but I didn't have a problem, not like I do with Vogue...
In the last few days I made a couple of skirts. I bought the Anna Maria Horner book Seams to Me and it's lovely. One of the projects is an A-line skirt and shows you how to draft the pattern yourself, something I've always wanted to do but thought it was too hard. Silly me.
So the skirt above was my trial run, to make sure I had my measurements right and it looked okay. I used some more of my Swaffer samples and it'll make a great summer skirt, just have to wait 6 more months then.
Here's the winter skirt, made with fabric I've had for years and years. I originally wanted to make a full length A-line skirt but this one being just below the knees will be more practical. The black is a fairly heavy cotton that's been brushed on one side and the lining is a patchwork weight cotton which looks rather Japanese-y. I'm wearing it now and is very comfy. Yay!
I had to share this. It's how I manage to keep up with blogging/Facebook/Flickr etc... I prop a cushion between me and the desk, feed Tamsyn with one hand and use the other for clicking and one handed typing (frustrating for a touch-typist!). She's about to slip off the cushion but didn't. It was also a good opportunity to show off another cardigan I knitted before she was born (another Ravelry pattern). It's a cross-over cardi with little i-cord ties in some cotton bamboo blend and looks just gorgeous on her.