09 February 2009

spread the crafty word

Photo uploaded from Yahoo 7 News

The bushfires in Victoria have been the worst in known history, with an incredible loss of life and homes.

I've just learnt from Ric Rac's blog that The Toy Society is collecting handmade toys to donate to children effected. It might not seem like a lot, but to a small child who has lost every toy they own, something would be better than nothing. Meet Me At Mikes is also receiving handmade items and have other links as well.

The Red Cross is also accepting donations.

5 comments:

  1. Jen, I have watched on in horror as these fires destroyed everything. I have travelled extensively in these areas and find it hard to comprehend that there has been so much loss of life. I'm sure we can all spare something for the Toy Society and Red Cross. No doubt the Victorian Quilters Guild will mobilise. I can't begin to imagine how devastating it must be to lose everything.

    Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,
    How terrible. I will see if the Red Cross here is doing anything. The people there will all be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scarey to think of how easy it is for lunatics to do this... So sad to watch the stories on tv...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard to comprehend all this...I think it makes one realize what really is important...it is all so devastating. Thank you for all the links...Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the links. My heart goes out to all of you. I've added a link on my blog to the Australian Red Cross, and my thoughts and prayers are with you all. xo

    ReplyDelete

Hello!