21 May 2008

for Miss Laura


Laura turns 4 (going on 14!) this Sunday and I thought I'd make something other than a bag. I didn't have a pattern to hand but managed to find this pattern. There's even a group pool on Flickr where people can show off all their twirly skirts, very cute. I cheated a bit as I didn't have enough of the pink spotty fabric for a tie so I used elastic instead, and added ric rac to the hem for a bit of fun. If I have time I'll make a bag to match, probably a simple tote with the same fabric combination. I said 'if'.

The main fabric is by Prints Charming called 'Follow your Imagination'. Prints Charming is from Melbourne and have just started a blog of their own. Hmmmm, yummy fabrics!

Unfortunately we won't be able to make it to the party on Sunday. Yep, we'll be on Bruny - tides are too good to miss.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun skirt! I think she'll enjoy it.

    Have fun in Bruny.

    -Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt is gorgeous Jen, well done.

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello!