Launceston Cup is on Wednesday next week and I'm making over a previously worn dress. Actually it's the dress I wore to my first cup, I'd never been until I met Ant. It's such a great social outing for the locals, and I rarely see a race being run! February seems to be packed with events in these parts - Festivale, Symphony under the stars (which I still haven't been to!), Evandale Village Fair etc etc..
So yeah, I bit the bullet and attacked the dress. I haven't worn it since that first cup and I've also put on a few kilos (not too many thankfully) so what was a snug fitting dress is now just a bit too tight. I've removed the bodice and have replaced it with the fabric shown above, this means I can now wear a bra with it - one of those ones that loop around the back of the neck as my back will still be exposed. The old bodice had a plunging neckline which just isn't me so this way I might wear it more. I'm also inserting panels of this fabric in between the side seams to make it more roomier and comfy. I think I'll look all right. I had a fitting last night after attaching the new bodice and are very pleased with the results. I'm always extremely nervous when drafting a pattern from scratch, even when I've done a couple of drafts with muslin/calico.
There's enough fabric left over so I can make Ant a matching waistcoat. We've never gone matching before so this will be fun, might even get our photo in the paper this time!!
Back to Bruny this weekend though, but at least we have the loan of another barge (thank you Alice for your commiserations!) so we should be able to get a decent amount of work done. I've finally remembered to buy one of those solar camping showers to use at the campsite where we work - so nice!