18 December 2008

a fun day was had by all

Thank you lovely peoples for your birthday wishes, those thoughts plus the enjoyment we had on Sunday made my birthday something to treasure (actual birthday is the 16th). No, really, I mean it - I'll have to turn 40 more often. Like every year. For the next 20 years maybe. ;)

The cake above was one of Tara's concoctions (psst! go check her blog - she's having a giveaway!!). I can't remember what it's called but it was filled with so much decadence. She also made a black forest cake for the kids, with sugared rose petals on top. Renee wasn't to be outdone and made a sticky date pudding - one of my favourites, along with some chocolate choc chip mini muffins. And then of course Mum had to make a pav -
Which Tara tried to set on fire ..... while singing Happy Birthday.
The weather was terrible all the day before, and we even had to light a fire that night so things weren't overly promising. When we left town to head out to my parents (the party venue) it was spitting with rain. Oh well, we thought, there's plenty of veranda and a big front room to occupy as well. I'm sure we'll still enjoy ourselves.

Oh yea of little faith.

The day turned out to be a stunner, and the garden looked it's best.
Ant's niece Laura found the perfect swing.

The poppies were on their best behaviour.

The vistas begged to be explored,

and kept you wondering what was around the next bend.

This was also considered to be a practice run for Shannon's wedding at the end of 2010, I think it will work a treat.

6 comments:

  1. What a fantastic day for you...and what looks like a perfect venue!!! And no party (or occasion to me) is ever complete without the good ol' pav...just love them. Many more happy birthdays to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day!

    What a garden too! I love the flow of it.

    -Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ache. With homesickness.

    The garden looks amazing. Will have to steal these garden shots and post them myself!

    Happy birthday honey *Hugs* So happy you had a lovely sunny day. Wish I was there with all my heart - except what Adam has of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you had such a lovely day - how could you not in such a beautful garden!

    The cake looks divine. Clever Tara. Birthdays should always be celebrated with decadence.

    Cheers
    Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jen Happy Happy Birthday!!!
    You look great. How are you feeling? I hope you had a fantastic
    party. Looks like it was so much fun. I love the garden. The flowers are gorgeous.
    Sounds like your weather has been troublesome too. At least you don't have to shovel it.I'll take pictures of the white Christmas for you.
    Have a truly Merry Christmas.I know the New Year will be one of the best with the new little one.
    So the Happiest of New Years too.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jen, I came to visit from Dzintra's. I have an aunt who lives in Launceston, Cornwall in England! I love your garden and all your happy photos, so nice stopping by.love Kath in England

    ReplyDelete

Hello!