25 April 2013

A small diversion to the sewing machine

There's no denying I love fabric, just as most of the bloggers I follow and love.  However my downfall is that I have so many fabrics I can't bear to use yet, they're still too beautiful to cut up.  Therefore some of the untouched fabrics I own are nearly 20 years old.

Sad, scarey or just plain bonkers, I can't help it.  I can still pull out these fabrics and hold onto them, remembering when and where I bought most of them and at what stage I was in my own life.  I guess they've become keepsakes, but I've always believed that the right purpose for them would present itself.  Which in most cases is true (and I still hold out hope for the pure linen knit fabric that I only have 2 metres of..... too beautiful and too expensive not to use!).

So to prove myself right I came across a pattern on Pinterest the other day for a wool bunny.  Then digging around my old stash of wool blanket off-cuts I discovered a piece that would fit my pattern perfectly, with little to spare, and enough fringe to make a cotton tail as well.

The girl was stoked.


8 comments:

  1. So cute! Oh, the bunny's not bad either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! The girl, the bunny and the fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! I think she likes it!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girl and the bunny are both awesome. Fantastic fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous bunny indeed. I so understand the I-can't-use-it-fabric. Patience, the right time will present itself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you here Jen....just waiting for the right time for some of the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my how the little one has grown. I love the bunny too. ...Thanks for the excuse to say "I am waiting for just the right project to use that particular fabric". It will be a regular part of my dialogue :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bunny very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello!