01 May 2012

Yeah but.... yeah but.....

So I've been a bit AWOL over the past few weeks, and I'm sorry I haven't been stopping by and visiting/commenting on everyone's blogs.  You see it all started with a bit of tooth ache, and a filling that didn't achieve the desired effect.  Then there was a tooth pulling followed by 10 days with a painful jaw.  Then just as I was coming good our broadband was all used up for the month, mainly because some little person can't get enough of Peppa Pig via Youtube on Mummy's ipod touch (that's been banned now....).  So here I am, minus a molar, broadband at the ready, and bursting to share with you some photos of a recent trip on the Don River Railway -
Sadly Tasmania doesn't have passenger trains.  With a total population of about 500,000 it's easy to see why the state couldn't justify a passenger network, so we only have freight trains (here's an example my Mum loaded onto Flickr the other day).
So it became a family day out, because we all love trains.  That's two of my sisters, father and nephew there.
I think the train love affair is in the blood.
Angus was a little unsure at first but it didn't take long.  Bless him.
It's not a very long trip, which I think is good as far as the little ones are concerned.
Thankfully for my sister Renee, things have changed.  In more ways than one.....

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jen...I love trains too!!! We don't have them where we are unfortunately...I didn't realize Tassie didn't have any passenger trains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but it looks like fun!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  3. The things we take for granted here in the States, trains included! Looks like a good time was had by all. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. In addition to the fun time with the family, I was sorry to hear that you had so much trouble with the loss of your tooth. Been there; done that; no fun! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your tooth and glad to have you back. I ride trains often but none as pretty as this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure if my earlier comment made it. Sorry to hear about your tooth, never fun, bu glad to hear you are back. I had emergency dental work in Launceston, which was great, and my temporary crown lasted 5 months!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are great. The trains look really cool.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello!